Kraft Recipe: Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
KRAFT RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 3 lb. chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms (about 10 medium), sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup each: red and green pepper strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 3 cups instant white rice, uncooked
HEAT dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches; cook 2 to 3 min. on each side or until browned on both sides.
PLACE mushrooms, onions, peppers and garlic in slow cooker; top with the chicken. Combine tomatoes, salt and thyme; pour over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).
COOK rice as directed on package. Serve chicken mixture over the rice...enjoy the Kraft recipe !
Kraft recipes: sweet-and-spicy-chicken-stir-fry.